NEW BLUE LUNCH CD-IN THE CAN!
Blue Lunch spent the last week of May recording our, as yet, unnamed, upcoming sophomore release for Los Angeles based Ripcat Records. Fifteen new tracks were laid down at the Lava Room. Engineer Mike Brown did an outstanding job of capturing the sounds, and Ripcat Label head Scott Abeyta flew in from L.A. to produce the disc. Blue Lunch appeared to take Scott by surprise, when he exclaimed, on the first day, upon arriving from Hopkins Airport, "Wow! you guys are good!"
Bob Frank served as Scott's genial host, and we attempted to show him the best of Cleveland, including pastrami at Jack's Deli, whiting sandwich and wings from Red Walter-"where some of America goes for seafood" at E.83d and Cedar, a visit to the Rock Hall, and an evening drinking a few celebratory shots at the conclusion of recording, and listening to our pals, The Hollywood Slim Band at the legendary House of Swing.
Scott flew back to Los Angeles, and is mixing and mastering the final product. Stay tuned for some short video on the Blue Lunch Facebook page, of the making of the disc, including the entertaining trip to Red Walter, courtesy of videographer Rick Brown, President of NetTrack. Also, special thanks to our pal, Max Bangwell, who is continuing his fight with throat cancer, for introducing Blue Lunch to Scott Abeyta, and Ripcat Records.
BLUE LUNCH SPECIAL CD AVAILABLE NOW
Though the official release date isn't until early in 2014, we have copies of our new cd for RipCat Records, Blue Lunch Special. The disc isn't availble on-line yet but you can get an early copy from us at one of our shows. The cd contains material from all six previous Blue Lunch cds. Blue Lunch Speciial is out to commemorate our 30th anniversary as a band which takes place in 2014.
Plans for a new cd of new material are underway, in fact we're rehearsing the new songs right now.
Stay tuned for more, but here's a track listing for Blue Lunch Special:
1. Sideswiped (Bob Frank) (from Sideswiped, 2011)
2. Cold Day Down Below (Bob Frank) (from Not Live at the Copa, 2001)
3. Skin Bones and Hair (Bob Frank) (from Not Live at the Copa, 2001)
4. Cuttin’ Out (Pete London)(from Recorded Live at Wilberts, 1997)
5. The Fidget (Pete London)(from Big Sound Blues, 2004)
6. IC Boogie (Bob Frank) (from Big Sound Blues, 2004)
7. Which Way to Go (Bob Frank) (from Sideswiped, 2011)
8. Leo the Louse (Jackie Brenston) (from Eyes Wide Open, 1999)
9. Best I Can (Bob Frank) (from Sideswiped, 2011)
10. Sixty Minute Man (Billy Ward, Rose Marks ) (from Not Live at the Copa, 2001)
11. Little Boy Blue (Robert Lockwood, Jr.)(from Big Sound Blues, 2004)
12. Tenor Madness (Sonny Rollins)(from Saxophone Shootout II, 2012
13. The Lonely One (Percy Mayfield)(from Not Live at the Copa, 2001)
14. Cleveland, Ohio Blues (Bob Frank) (from Big Sound Blues, 2004)
15. Monkey Hips & Rice (Lowman Pauling) (from Sideswiped, 2011)
16. Mother-in-Law (Ernie K-Doe) (from Sideswiped, 2011)